I think that more birth parents need to know that adoption is such a great blessing and not some bail-out to get them out of responsibility. Adoption blesses bloth sides. The birth parents are able to move on with their lives and continue to reach the goals that had previously set before the pregnancy, and the adoptive couple is able to fulfill a life-long dream! Both sides take a lot of love to complete the adoption process. This makes the birth parents especially brave and considerate, regardless of what the world tells them.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Austin Accomplishments & Funnies

We're spoon feeding now! Not for all meals, but we are taking the time to teach Austin how to eat from a spoon in the evenings everyday. I must say, he's doing quite well! We do a scoop and a half of cereal (mixed with his soy formula) and then wash it all down with a 3 oz bottle. Once he starts getting more down his throat than down his chin (and everywhere else he decides it needs to go), then we'll add another spoon feeding to the schedule. :) But for now, its once a day...and very messy(but that's the fun part, right?).


Gettin the hang of cereal from spoon.




Our new favorite accessory...cereal!




Another thing Austin is doing now is figuring out his feet. He loves staring at his toes and reaching for his feet. Sometimes they keep him entertained for a full 10 minutes. Its funny to see him grab his feet and topple over sideways, then roll back onto his back and start all over again. :)

Oooo! Feet!



I decided that I wanted to cut some hair off of the back of Austin's head. I wanted to save his baby hair & put it in his scrapbook before he lost it all.

Before the hair cut!




After the hair cut!


Hahaha! I'm kidding! Though I really did cut his hair as you can see in the above picture. I got the hair that I wanted, but I did quite the hack job. Its crooked and uneven. I can't very well get it straight though. He's far too interested in what I'm doing when I'm trying to make it look better (scissors in hand). We'll just have to wear cute little beanies when we go out in public...at least until his hair grows back out. ;)


I'm still adding videos to Austin's blog. Hopefully I'll have it completely updated by the end of the month. We'll see. ;) Click HERE if ya wanna take a peek!



Oh, I almost forgot! I made some curtains for Austin's Nursery. The white sheers alone weren't blocking out enough sunlight and were making it difficult to put Austin down for a nap. So I added these today to his window. They worked like a charm! It was so much easier to put him down for his naps today. YAY!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww he grows so fast!

LMBO at the hair, but my bigger question is where do you get the wig?

and great curtains!

Kate said...

The wig is Brett's. He has no idea where he got it. He's had it for about 8 year now. We pull it out whenever we want a good laugh.

Dana Prescott said...

How is it possible that he gets cuter every day??

Kate said...

Yeah, I have no idea. Just when I think there can't possibly be a cuter kid the world, he does just that.