I think that more birth parents need to know that adoption is such a great blessing and not some bail-out to get them out of responsibility. Adoption blesses bloth sides. The birth parents are able to move on with their lives and continue to reach the goals that had previously set before the pregnancy, and the adoptive couple is able to fulfill a life-long dream! Both sides take a lot of love to complete the adoption process. This makes the birth parents especially brave and considerate, regardless of what the world tells them.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Chicken or The Egg?

You know those questions we all have that nobody but God knows that we just can't help but ponder anyway? You know, like "Which came first? The chicken or the egg?" Or "Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?" Ok, maybe not everyone wonders about the belly button, but you know what I mean. ;)

Well, one subject I just can't help but ponder is the widespread phenomenon of increased infertility and increased unwanted pregnancies lately. Are they related? Did God make so many women have fertility problems because there needed to be women like me who would need or want to adopt? Or did He let many young ladies get pregnant because He knew that so many women like me would experience infertility? Or maybe He created women like me, because He knew that Lucifer would tempt many young ladies into certain situations.

I just wonder, if I had been born into the same family 50 years ago, would I still have fertility problems? Would Austin be there for me to adopt?

I realize that everything happens for a reason. My life is the way it is because that is the way it is supposed to be. Things are the way they are because of God's plan for us. But I just can't help but wonder...

Please understand, that I don't mean to offend anyone by my curiosity. I'm just so ... curious. :)

2 comments:

Trish said...

Leslie, I've wondered the same thing. It just seems to be more and more prevalent and you cna't help but wonder why. I liked your thoughts on it, thanks for sharing!

rcworkman said...

It is one of those questions that you have to write down so you can ask Jesus when he comes again. I wonder the same thing especially with all the abortion things that are going around. I don't know why there should be that option, but now you have me thinking...hmmm