I think that more birth parents need to know that adoption is such a great blessing and not some bail-out to get them out of responsibility. Adoption blesses bloth sides. The birth parents are able to move on with their lives and continue to reach the goals that had previously set before the pregnancy, and the adoptive couple is able to fulfill a life-long dream! Both sides take a lot of love to complete the adoption process. This makes the birth parents especially brave and considerate, regardless of what the world tells them.

Monday, November 24, 2008

To Cabot We Go, We Go, We Go

Austin and I recently made a trip to Cabot to hang with my best friend, Dawn, whom I haven't seen since Austin was teeny tiny. We were definitely due for some time to catch up on things. We went down, just Austin and me. Brett was away on a camping trip with the boys.

When we got to Cabot we met up with a good friend of mine, Linda. For those of you who don't know, we used to be co-workers when I was designing kitchens and baths in Little Rock. We talked about everything under the sun, especially Austin. She was there when first found out about Austin. We became great friends. Shortly after I left Little Rock, she left the kitchen and bath showroom and went to work for a luxury horse trailer dealership. She also does bookkeeping for the ranch that the same guy who owns the dealership has. Anyway, every time I make my way down to Cabot, Austin and I try to go to lunch with her to catch up on things.

This trip she took us to the Ranch and gave us a quick tour. Austin got to see some show horses up close. (The rancher across the street from our house has show horses too, but we've never gotten this close to them.)


H&P Ranch


Linda, Austin, & a really big horse :)



About this time, Austin was getting a little fussy, but I just had to indulge. :) I love horses!


I don't think he knew what to think about the horses.

After lunch & a tour of the Ranch with Linda, we headed over to Dawn's house where we stayed for the next couple of days. Austin took quite a shine to Deserae. I think Des liked Austin too. :) She's gonna be a great mom, when her time comes.

Deserae with Austin

She held him for as long as Austin would take it. She's such a sport. :)


Des and I dressed alike on Saturday, so we had to get a picture. :)



Talin wanted a picture too. ;)


After we got home on Sunday, we relaxed and napped before repacking our bags to head to Little Rock with Brett for a Facilities Masters Conference he needed to attend.
I didn't get many pictures of the trip to Little Rock, but one that I did get was with an old high school friend of mine. Jessica and I were more acquaintances than friends in high school. But meeting back up with her in Little Rock (she actually lives in Cabot [isn't that funny?] but works at St. Vincent's) it made me regret not being better friends with her sooner. We're hoping to get together more often now. :) Funny how, when you mature, you see people in a different light. :)


Jessica & Austin (at Chic-fil-A)

We had a great time with family and friends last week. It was tiresome, traveling a lot, but nonetheless we had fun.

Now that we're all rested and back on schedule, its time to pack up our bags again to head to Tulsa for Thanksgiving. (Big sigh)...I mean, YAY! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you not looking forward to Thanksgiving?

Kate said...

I'm totally looking forward to Thanksgiving...just not traveling again. :)

Anonymous said...

What's up for Christmas?