I think that more birth parents need to know that adoption is such a great blessing and not some bail-out to get them out of responsibility. Adoption blesses bloth sides. The birth parents are able to move on with their lives and continue to reach the goals that had previously set before the pregnancy, and the adoptive couple is able to fulfill a life-long dream! Both sides take a lot of love to complete the adoption process. This makes the birth parents especially brave and considerate, regardless of what the world tells them.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Eternal Son

As I think about the coming holidays, I'm elated and happily overwhelmed. I have to take a deep breathe. Mmmm...the smell of fresh bread coming from my kitchen fills my nose and reminds me that winter is already here. And now I hear Austin stirring...

Ok, I'm back...with Austin watching me type. :)

So, back to the holidays. I'm very excited about Thanksgiving. We're going to Tulsa where my older sister-in-law, Stacey, will meet Austin for the first time. It'll be us, the Prescotts, and the Taylors gathered around to celebrate the season with turkey, ham, and dressing. Brett's mom and dad will be coming up the following day. Larry has to work on Thanksgiving Day, but we'll get to spend time with them on Friday and Saturday. I'm just excited about spending time with the family as I am about eating the scrumptious food...well maybe a little more about the family. ;) Thanksgiving will be great this year.

But the holiday I am most excited about coming up is Christmas. Not for the presents, not for the food, and not for the decorations, but for a very special event centered around my son. On Saturday, December 20th at 9am Brett and Austin and I will all be sealed together as a family for time and all eternity in the Dallas, Texas Temple. Austin will finally be ours, eternally. :D I was hoping that this would be able to come about a while ago...like, back in August. Little did I know how long finalizing an adoption would take here in the state of Arkansas. But the day is at last fast approaching and I can't imagine a greater gift for Christmas than an eternal family.

My mom originally made this adorable heirloom blessing/sealing outfit for Austin. Its a one-piece collared outfit with a vest attached and satin ribbon on the vest and down the side of the pant legs...so adorable! But we decided to make it in 0-3m size because we thought that finalizing would be quick and painless. Needless to say, Austin is no longer in 0-3m. So, my mom is currently working on a white baby tuxedo that looks similar to this cute little one...


He'll wear it for his blessing, too. We're so excited!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can NOT wait to meet him!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet - the little tux will be adorable! Thinking about you guys taking your sweet little gift to the temple makes me cry - I am SO STINKING HAPPY for you guys!!!! Ahhh!! I love it!

TroxelTribe said...

I am so excited for you and tearing up just thinking about it. What a special day it'll be!

Jennifer said...

What an adorable baby boy! Congrats on finalizing. More importantly on your sealing. I know it can't get here quick enough! (I had a sis go through adoption 3x's.)

-Oh and don't you love trying to work on the computer with a baby on your lap?!!

rcworkman said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! It gives me goose bumps just thinking about it!