I think that more birth parents need to know that adoption is such a great blessing and not some bail-out to get them out of responsibility. Adoption blesses bloth sides. The birth parents are able to move on with their lives and continue to reach the goals that had previously set before the pregnancy, and the adoptive couple is able to fulfill a life-long dream! Both sides take a lot of love to complete the adoption process. This makes the birth parents especially brave and considerate, regardless of what the world tells them.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

'Tis the season for giving Thanks!

I realize that everyone is blogging about what they're thankful for.  I almost didn't do this post because of that fact.  But I changed my mind because it's always good to write down (or type) what you're thankful for.  It makes you realize just how many blessings you take for granted everyday.  :)

So here is my list...

I am thankful for:

 - Brett and the wonderfully fun and eternal marriage we've been able to enjoy since August 9, 2001.   Ok, so it wasn't alway bliss, but the hard times were well worth it.

 - My beautiful, happy Austin who fills my soul with delight each and every day.  I have waited 27 years to become a mom.  He is my baby sweet.  He is my dream come true.

 - Trials that, even though we don't know why we've been given them, make us stronger and appreciate things and people so much more than we would have without them.

 - Austin's beautiful, graceful, happy, generous, noble Birthmother.  I love her more than I ever thought I would.  I will forever see her as a sister to me.

 - My Mama, who put up with my teenage antics, and loved me even when I ignored her for so long while she was inactive in the church...sorry, Mom.  I've always loved you, I have.

 - My Daddy, whom I have so much respect for.  He always took the time to teach me how important the scriptures are and how interesting the topic of the Second Coming is.  We share a fascination for it.  :)

 - My Big Sissy, who carried me on her hip everywhere we went together when I was little.

 - My Lil' Sissy, whom I love because she's my sister, no matter what she does.

 - My mutts, Clyde & Macy, who helped me cope with my infertility, who keep my spirits high, who love me unconditionally, who keep coming back home every time we let them out of the back yard for a "run," and who accepted Austin with open paws & slobbery puppy-dog kisses.  :)

 - Brett's family, who took me in and accepted me as their own  from the very beginning.  I love them as my own family.  :)

 - The Prescotts living so close.  I really hope Austin grows up getting to spend a lot of time with his cousins.  He seems to really fit in as one of the boys.  I like that.  :)

 - The temple and the opportunity to be a family forever.  I'm very much looking forward to December 20th!

 - Modern technology.  ;)  Without it I'd have no iPod, CRV, laptop, blogger, facebook, or ebay

 - Modern medicine such as Mucinex, Tylenol Severe Congestion, and Infant's Tylenol, which I'd be very miserable without right now

 - Friends in a town where I never expected to meet so many people my age

 - teething rings

 - cell phones

 - a warm cozy home on my own little piece of Heaven

 - big family Thanksgivings

 - pink and red Christmases with twinkling white lights

 - the ability to smell so many wonderful fragrances such as freshly cut grass, honeysuckles, turkey in the oven, banana bread, real christmas trees, and babies  :D

 - and finally, this life God has chosen for me.  Sure, I'd change a couple of things from my past, but not for all the wealth in the world would I change my present.

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for these things and so much much more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are amazing!