I think that more birth parents need to know that adoption is such a great blessing and not some bail-out to get them out of responsibility. Adoption blesses bloth sides. The birth parents are able to move on with their lives and continue to reach the goals that had previously set before the pregnancy, and the adoptive couple is able to fulfill a life-long dream! Both sides take a lot of love to complete the adoption process. This makes the birth parents especially brave and considerate, regardless of what the world tells them.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Austin Swims!


My little baby is starting to swim all by himself...well, with the help of a life jacket. But he's the most adventurous little tike I've ever seen!


Go watch this video on his video blog...



Did you see him!?! Isn't he awesome!?! Well, the video doesn't quite do it justice. Just as Austin asked, I got in...after I turned off the camera and put it in a safe place. ;) So, when I did he clung to me for a little while, but then started letting go little by little. Eventually he was pushing off of me with his feet and swimming towards the dock all by himself!!! This little guy is taking to swimming like a fish to water! I gotta say, I am one proud mama. :D

1 comment:

Maddie said...

That is so awesome! You must be so proud! Has he ever swam before? He is so cute! I love looking at pictures of your sweet family. :)