I think that more birth parents need to know that adoption is such a great blessing and not some bail-out to get them out of responsibility. Adoption blesses bloth sides. The birth parents are able to move on with their lives and continue to reach the goals that had previously set before the pregnancy, and the adoptive couple is able to fulfill a life-long dream! Both sides take a lot of love to complete the adoption process. This makes the birth parents especially brave and considerate, regardless of what the world tells them.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Austin's 6 month Accomplishments

Between the ice storm and Macy's passing, I haven't really had much time to blog about Austin's accomplishments this past month.
So, here are some pictures that hit the highlights...


Austin's legs are now strong enough to support himself standing against the back of the sofa and chairs. Its his favorite thing to do now. I s'pect he'll be walking before he crawls...but we'll see. ;)


I got Austin this really awesome shades at Carter's in Branson. He didn't seem to mind having them on his face. We'll definitely be testing them out more when it gets warmer outside.



And Austin now sits up completely on his own! Here he's propped up with pillows, but you'll see in the next picture that he really doesn't need them anymore.




Austin now plays with his frogs patiently while I run his bath water.




And he LOVES sitting up in the bathtub. I could hardly bathe him the first time because he was splashing around so much. He loves bathtime now. :)





After the ice storm and in the middle of our 8-day power outage, Keith came over from Tulsa to let us use his generator. My parents also came up from Louisiana to let me borrow Daddy's generator. Austin loved the attention that Nanna and Papaw gave him.


We had a great time and I was glad to get to spend time with my parents. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that picture of him laughing... sooo funny!!! I had no idea you guys were w/o power.... no one ever calls me :( sorry, glad you are back in business

TroxelTribe said...

Ahh, it goes so fast! He's such a handsome guy :)